Friday, December 14, 2007

They have arrived!

I am soo excited and happy! The hearing center called yesterday and my hearing aids are in at the office! Now I just have to set an appointment to go try them out and get them set for my ears and then I can hear again! Now to come up with the $4300.00 to pay for them, that's the hardest part. We are hoping that my FIL will help out but if not we'll head to the bank on Monday and see about getting a loan and pray they will give it to us.

Other than the money thing though I am super excited to start hearing again. The thought of being able to hear my kids without having them repeat themselves multiple times brings tears of joy to my eyes. I will be able to hear my hubby when he is beside me talking normally and not have him speak up. I'll be confident again and use the phone more. Since my hearing problem began I quit using the phone that much and anyone who knows me knows me, knows how much I like to talk lol.

I'll admit I have been depressed because of my hearing situation but it was really bad when my own family would laugh at say that I was deaf. They would carry on and on saying I needed a hearing aid and my ears checked etc. Why I didn't before Sept I am not sure, I guess I was hoping and praying it was really just sinus related or buildup. Alas it wasn't, so now I know and just have to go forward.

I just wanted to say thanks to those who have supported me and been there for me to vent and cry to about this situation and I don't think I could have made it thru without you.

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

That's fantastic! I'm so glad they arrived :-)